Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

A vacation of a lifetime

Far-far away

During the 25 years of my life I haven’t traveled much. That’s a shame, I know. To be honest, I’m scared to fly, you probably have heard that planes have a nasty habit of crashing. However a few months ago I decided to overcome my fear and get away. Where did I go? Well, I thought if I was gonna make this happen, I need to go somewhere really remote. So, what the hell, I’ll go to Australia! Getting a bit ahead of my story, I’ll tell you that it was the craziest thing that I’ve ever done. I’ve always wanted to know a little bit more about Australian people, especially Australian artists. I didn’t know much about this amazing country before I went there. Just some random facts:

- Our winter is their summer
- Cute kangaroos!
- Cute rugby players!
- You can call Australians Aussies
- Water in the sink swirls counter-clockwise there

I convinced myself that it was time to expand my knowledge and my horizons. Better late than never. Some of my first Australian observations: people are very sweet and welcoming there. I really appreciated their attitude towards tourists. They were always willing to help, so nice. Australian art also had a big impact on me with its cheerful and somehow hip vibe that I liked a lot.

 

Culture and the ocean



The Australian coastline is some sort of a magic place to me, ‘cause this is where three of the world's great oceans meet. The Australian beach is also a place where people from all over the world meet, mix and do exciting things. It is so popular there for a reason. Once I came to the local beach I didn’t want to leave. The atmosphere there totally differs from what you get at the American coast, really. In Australia the sand seems whiter, the ocean more welcoming and people much more friendlier, and, may I add, much more attractive. Australian artists, painters and sculptors often use marine themes in their art. My personal favorite artist Leonid Afremov (although he’s not an Aussie, but lived down there for several years) creates breathtaking maritime paintings. His work http://afremov.com/BLUE-SKY-PALETTE-KNIFE-Oil-Painting-On-Canvas-By-Leonid-Afremov-Size-20-x36-SKU19803.html “Blue calm” calms me down with a serene charm of a beautiful seascape. It’s the stunning simplicity of the local nature, where you just want to be. The warm shore invites you in, telling to leave all your worries behind. Just lying on a beach, looking at stray vessels floating in a crystal clear water makes you wonder if there is a more peaceful place in the world. Australian artists and their artwork in general always make me wanna stop rushing, just hold on for a moment to enjoy the undying moment of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment